Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The end

Woah.  And just like that folks, it is all over.  Well, for all intents and purposes, that is.  Tonight was our Spring concert at my student teaching placement and it was an experience unlike any other.  I went into the evening a bit nervous because this was the first time I was going to conduct a high school mixed choir in a formal concert for hundreds of people.  But I realized during our final rehearsal beforehand that I had nothing to be nervous about.  They knew the music, they knew stories to tell, we knew what to do together, so all that was left was the making music and enjoying it part.  These students executed one of the most inspiring concerts I have ever attended, and I am blessed to have been a part of it.  My thoughts right now are flying in hundreds of different directions as I think about the last five months and the impact it has had on me as a teacher and human being.  More on this to come.

For now, I will say that it has been a remarkable experience, one I would not have traded for anything.  I anticipate posting videos from the concert on this page soon, so be looking out for those.  Let me finish by saying thanks to all of those people who have encouraged me throughout this semester and helped me carry on.  This concert would not have been as successful, at least from my point of view, were it not for all of you supporters.  So thanks.  Look out for a more in depth reflection and some amazing pics and vids coming soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment